Author Topic: FS9 skips due AI  (Read 689 times)

January 07, 2017, 03:11:47 PM

Offline beroun

• View Profile
FS9 skips due AI
« on: January 07, 2017, 03:11:47 PM »
Hi,
I started experiencing "skips" momentary screen freezes (usually in vicinity of airports) lasting split of a second (could be running consecutively, or just a few then stop). This is on my brand new W10 PC with 16GB DDR4 memory, i7-6500U processor and NVIDIA GeForce 940MX card (2GB DDR3). Got FS9 with 37GB - plenty of add-ons and AI. The skips are definitely caused by AI (not scenery), because if I zero traffic they are not there and flights are smooth (however not seeing any AI is no fun flying!). I get these skips even with 10% of AI!
I got FS Environment 9 v1.3 from AVSIM Misc. files library suggesting some tweaks in Roaming fs9.cfg, which I fully complied with. I think my skips have reduced (could be a placebo:) but are still there. Please note that these skips have apparently nothing to do with reduction of FPS (we have experienced in old PCs)! my system is strong enough to handle FS 2004. I read someplace that they are apparently caused because the "OLD" program (which FS2004 is), is running on new much higher capacities PC, than what it was designed for.
Does anyone has similar problem and mainly any remedy or tweaks - would be much appreciated.
Many Thanks.
Peter Bendl,
formerly from BA

January 11, 2017, 01:08:35 AMReply #1

Offline gbl

• View Profile
Re: FS9 skips due AI
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 01:08:35 AM »
Hi Peter

I also have the split second frame freeze...normally at or near some add on airports. Its only every so often so I live with it. I was going to trawl Avsim or the Flight sim forums to see if there was a soloution but as I said its only every so often so ive not got round to it. I run a similar rig to yours but with only a Nvidia GTX760. Regards Alan
Jet engines, the sound of freedom

January 11, 2017, 12:45:51 PMReply #2

Offline beroun

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 12:45:51 PM »
Hi Alan, thanks for responding.
I looked at many similar posts and apparently these skips are quite common running F2004 on new PCs. There are some hi-tech remedies suggested in other site posts but as you, I am learning to live with it. It is only every so often. Reducing cloud density and Autogen seemed to reduce it a bit but no big deal.
Cheers
Peter Bendl,
formerly from BA

January 22, 2017, 06:21:34 PMReply #3

Offline gbl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 06:21:34 PM »
I also find defragging often helps a bit
Jet engines, the sound of freedom