Author Topic: Please update Qatar Airways  (Read 296 times)

September 28, 2017, 02:25:53 PM

Offline aznrmurad

• View Profile
Please update Qatar Airways
« on: September 28, 2017, 02:25:53 PM »
U really must update Qatar Airways... in WOAI Qatar Airways Fleet is only about 40 Aircrafts and just A320s , A330s And A340-600 And most in the Old Livery, But Qatar Airways added More Than 120  new Aircrafts that aren’t showing in WOAI, A320sharklets,A321,B777-200LR, B777-300ER , B787-8 , A380 , A350-900 And A350-1000
And they updated their Livery, + more than 100 new destinations, you last updated Qatar Airways in 2008, we are in 2017

September 28, 2017, 11:58:17 PMReply #1

Offline Pawsquirrel

• I love airplanes and flight simulator
    • View Profile
Re: Please update Qatar Airways
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 11:58:17 PM »
The same I am having to American airlines, WOAI has updated American Airlines in 2013 but they updated it sooner. The airline now has lots of the a320 family planes and other kinds of planes but it has not been updated, WOAI seems dead and they complain that it takes a while to make the new packages. I think it's a lie about updating, it doesn't take 2+ years to make a new one, probably between 1 to 10 hours the most. They are running out of excuses so instead of waiting for them to update them I just installed a new package and did it all manually. I thought world of ai was awesome because of a number of packages but I was wrong, they take forever for new ones. I think they are just lazy and should have people maintaining the site every day.

October 26, 2017, 08:14:04 AMReply #2

Offline f14driver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.world-of-ai.com
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 08:14:04 AM »
If you can make sure I can make a living out of WOAI then we can do this daily  ;) Bills have to be paid as well and FS doesn't provide for that  8)
Since that is not the case there are only a very limited set of resources available that are doing this on their free time.
I have a 60+ hrs/week job so that leaves little time for FS I'm afraid.
Same goes for the other people involved so we have to make do with whatever time is left for FS
Kind regards,

Tom vd Horst
World of AI

November 07, 2017, 04:13:05 PMReply #3

Offline avi8

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 04:13:05 PM »
I completely understand, and I appreciate all the effort you guys have put into this. Could it be possible for you guys to teach us, the ignorant people, how to make a WOAI schedules to keep the flightplans updated? I'm sure many of us who think WOAI is the best AI program out there would appreciate it and work for it during our spare time.

I know this complicates things because there is a standard for the quality of the flightplans and what not. But I'm sure something could be worked out.

PS: Have you considered making this a payware program? I'm pretty sure many would pay 15$ for it (myself included).

Thanks!
Avi8

November 07, 2017, 05:01:07 PMReply #4

Offline Pawsquirrel

• I love airplanes and flight simulator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 05:01:07 PM »
1. I am not ignorant, I do appreciate the work that was done. But some packages are way out of date.

2. I know how to make the packages but, they never teached us how to make it public for the others to use.

3. Everyone would love to maintain the site active but it looks like only certain peoples can.

4. and finally not everyone can afford to pay for awesome liveries. Some peoples (not me) are kids and they don't have money to pay for liveries (AI). This is the only good site for amazing AI, the rest of the sites that offer AI make you pay and don't have as good liveries or good AI as World of AI.

The thing I am trying to say is that I really do appreciate the packages we have but some are just very out of date. Some of the peoples that makes the packages have said 4+years ago that the packages will be updated and that they are working on it but it dosen't seem like it is being updated. Also there are kids who love aviation and cannot afford anything, so it is a good idea to keep the site free and not pay money. Those kids won't be able to experience the reality of Traffic in the simulator with actual airlines that fly in the real world, not game made airlines. I am just trying to make a point, I am not ignorant. Yes I do think that there should be a site to teach us how to make them correctly and post the AI publicaly.

Have a great day!
Pawsquirrel