Author Topic: New machine- best strategy  (Read 523 times)

March 22, 2018, 01:35:32 PM

Offline thereadog

• View Profile
New machine- best strategy
« on: March 22, 2018, 01:35:32 PM »
Hi all.  I just purchased a new desktop.  Redownloaded FSX and was curious as to how best to reinstall my world of AI traffic. 

Prior to the upgrade I backed p my FSX folder on an external drive.  Should I copy over the traffic files?  Is that all that needs to be copied?  Not sure what to do.  The other option is reinstall everything through this site but I feel like that may be pretty time consuming - thoughts?

April 14, 2018, 06:56:54 PMReply #1

Offline MartinP

• View Profile
Re: New machine- best strategy
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 06:56:54 PM »
What did you end up doing, thereadog? I'm also considering upgrading my rig and this is my number one worry. I'd love to keep all my files intact and get everything working on the new rig if I can.

April 16, 2018, 02:57:54 PMReply #2

Offline thereadog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 02:57:54 PM »
I just ended up re-downloading and installing all the packages over again.  I wasn't sure how easy/difficult it would be to move them from an external drive to the new machine so figured I'd do it all over again to not screw anything up.  I am not looking forward to rebuilding my Delta Connection & United Express over again.  I wish I knew how to transfer them easily.  I have the traffic.bgl files...just don't know how to get everything else over with ease. 

April 17, 2018, 12:56:55 PMReply #3

Offline Pawsquirrel

• I love airplanes and flight simulator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 12:56:55 PM »
Hi all.  I just purchased a new desktop.  Redownloaded FSX and was curious as to how best to reinstall my world of AI traffic. 

Prior to the upgrade I backed p my FSX folder on an external drive.  Should I copy over the traffic files?  Is that all that needs to be copied?  Not sure what to do.  The other option is reinstall everything through this site but I feel like that may be pretty time consuming - thoughts?

Just take your time to reinstall all of it again one by one. I dought it will work on the other computer like it did for your first one.

April 17, 2018, 05:17:56 PMReply #4

Offline thereadog

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 05:17:56 PM »
Yep - that is what I figured when I redownloaded.  The Delta Connection & United express is what scares me redoing those again.  I had gotten them to the point where I built the traffic file without the "black planes". 

April 18, 2018, 12:19:38 AMReply #5

Offline Pawsquirrel

• I love airplanes and flight simulator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 12:19:38 AM »
If you are having black planes is because you might be installing the aircraft in the wrong folder and you might 2 folders of the same plane but one of them might be correct. I had that same problem and the solution is that if you don't know where to install it and what model it is just open the README for that plane and it will tell you.