Author Topic: WOA Installer  (Read 2252 times)

December 21, 2015, 04:49:14 PM

Offline PROPMAN

• View Profile
WOA Installer
« on: December 21, 2015, 04:49:14 PM »
I have followed the video for how to use the installer but this is where I am stuck............My target box is greyed out (it says Microsoft Simulator 2004). Then I go to the box "FS2004" to set the path. When I set the path, I get the message "Cannot find FSX.exe! You have to set the FSX location by hand" The Greyed out target box is now saying "Microsoft Flight Sim X"   I don't have MSX on this machine?  Any ideas anybody?

December 21, 2015, 10:32:58 PMReply #1

Offline PROPMAN

• View Profile
Re: WOA Installer
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 10:32:58 PM »
Making Progress. Garfield said do not type the path but this is exactly what I did. I have managed to download 15 packages. The next job is to find out where they have gone.

December 23, 2015, 12:12:26 PMReply #2

Offline beroun

• View Profile
Re: WOA Installer
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 12:12:26 PM »
There are two components the Installer downloads.
1/ Aircraft folders to your FS/aircraft folder and
2/traffic file to your FS/Scenery/World/Scenery folder.
You can open these folders in your PC and list files by"Date modified" to see the latest files added by the installer.
Also:
If you have an existing (same type) aircraft folder from the previous installation, the installer just adds the new texture and modifies the aircraft.cfg file in the same (existing) folder.
If you have an existing airline traffic file (from the previous season), the installer asks you if you want the updated traffic file installed.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 02:10:05 PM by beroun »
Peter Bendl,
formerly from BA