Author Topic: very few planes with max settings  (Read 3626 times)

May 10, 2016, 09:10:16 PM

Offline mllgrennman

• View Profile
very few planes with max settings
« on: May 10, 2016, 09:10:16 PM »
i have the same airport in fs9 and fsx with the same afcad...the fs9 airport has every gate filled but in fsx only 2-3 planes are there....settings are the same...any ideas?

May 18, 2016, 11:46:19 AMReply #1

Offline Nigel

• View Profile
Re: very few planes with max settings
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 11:46:19 AM »
Hi mllgrennman,

like you I have had the same problem regarding very few planes at airports but have found a way to increase these, see screen shots.

I now only have FSX but this should also work for FS9.  My specs are Intel i5, 8Gb Ram and NVidia GTX760

East Midlands Airport after changes

Liverpool though this is as much as I have been able to get.

Newcastle

Finally Gatwick

Hope the following helps concerning your lack of aircraft at airports as there is a way to improve this although it requires editing the traffic files and making some changes within the Flight Plans using TTools supplied with the WOAI Installer.

The following only concerns the UK only.

There have also been suggestions that airports may require some changes to the AFCADs to incorporate more aircraft parking spaces.  This is an area I know nothing about and should more parking spaces need creating I installed Traffic 360 again then after the install deleted the ai_traffic file in  Scenery\World\Scenery Folder and also went to the fsx.cfg and // out 'SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\JFTraffic360'.

Firstly I apologise if you think I am trying to teach anyone to suck eggs but for some, this may seem a daunting task and it can be if you have not done this before.  I did it all through trial and error.

Please also ensure that you backup your traffic files first!

Make a Folder and place it on the Desktop renaming it what you want say for instance, Decompiled Traffic Files.  Go to TTools click on  file and tick the User Defined Source Folder then point to the folder you have just created.  This is where the Decompiled Files will go so that you can edit them.

The Traffic Files will appear in the right hand pane of TTools, select the traffic file you wish to change, say Thomas Cook Airlines UK.   The path to the traffic files is Scenery\World\scenery.   the 3 decompiled  text documents should now be in the new folder you created labelled Aircraft, Airports, FlightPlans.  It is the FlightPlans text document that you need to open. 

Once opened and 4th line across there are numbers with % i.e. 2% or 87% these all need changing to 30% , yes, it is time consuming though will make a huge difference to the amount of traffic you will have at various airports, after having gone all the way down the column changing the numbers to 30% go to file top left corner and Save.
Next go to the column 'week'  next to the % column, go to Edit then click on Replace
Where it says Find what type in week then type in box  Replace with  type in 24Hr then click replace all, where week was it should show up in that column as 24Hr then save it.  Go to TTools  ensure that all three files listed as Source Files are highlighted then click Compile, once that is done carry on with the next file repeating the whole process after deleting the three text files as you no longer need them in the folder..  I did 25 files of aircraft that operate in the UK  and from the screenshots you can see how much of an improvement there is. 

BTW, with British Airways and Virgin do not change the percentage to thirty, leave well alone and just change week to 24Hr as I found that when I flew from Heathrow it was like sticky toffee!! frame rates plunged!!  If you have a more powerful machine with all bells and whistles you can always increase from 30% to say 60% using the Edit and Replace Tool. Just one other point, you must set the Traffic Sliders to 30%  or even 100% if your computer can take it but go below 30% and the aircraft will disappear. 

I hope that this helps you to increase your traffic at airports, you may have to experiment changing the percentages or even changing 24Hr to 12Hr, again using the Edit and Replace Tool.  It took me 2 days trying various settings so hopefully you will only have to make the changes once to see a difference but please, do make backups of the traffic bgl's before making any changes.

For UK Only these are some the files I changed: Aer Lingus Regional, Aer Lingus Wi15, BA City Flyer, BMI Regional, bmiBaby, DHL_Air, EasyJet Switzerland, EasyJet_Su13, European Air Charter, First Choice, Flybe, Jet2, KLM City Hopper, All 3 Thomas Cook Airlines, Thomsonfly, British Jet_Su07, GBAirways, ScotAirways and some GA such as BeechCraft King etc.

I am not on the internet at home and have to rely on my local library so will not be back until next Monday should you have any questions.

Kind regards
Nigel.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 11:49:49 AM by Nigel »

May 18, 2016, 06:02:57 PMReply #2

Offline beroun

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 06:02:57 PM »
Hi Nigel,
this must have been lot of effort so KUDOS to you.
One word of caution. I am proficient with TTools and AI scheduling and have noticed that you are suggesting to change WEEK in TTools Flight plans to 24Hr.
Yes, this can be done and unfortunately TTools compile the plans BUT it totally corrupts the schedule and does not make it realistic.
The WEEK in the flight plan allows to designate days of the week when aircraft operate 1/2/3/4/5/6/0  zero being Sunday. Changing week to 24Hr confuses
the program and tries to compile the weekly schedule into one day - therefore you see so many planes. But the schedules are not realistic and you will probably also see many simultaneous departures.
Peter Bendl,
formerly from BA

May 20, 2016, 02:34:32 PMReply #3

Offline Nigel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 02:34:32 PM »
Hi Peter and many thanks for your reply, I was aware that by reducing the flight plans to 24Hr would do something but was not sure what however, I have never been too much bothered about realistic schedules just as long as ther are a satisfactory number of aircraft at airports.  Fortunately as yet I have not come across any abnormalities with the ai traffic.

Regards
Nigel.