Author Topic: British Airways A380 & 787's  (Read 3864 times)

September 04, 2016, 08:56:42 PM

Offline carbonbell

• View Profile
British Airways A380 & 787's
« on: September 04, 2016, 08:56:42 PM »
Hello from Canada.
Was wondering if it was possible to download British Airways A380's and Boeing 787's?
Thanks in advance.
Best regards.
David Bell

September 05, 2016, 03:14:56 PMReply #1

Offline beroun

• View Profile
Re: British Airways A380 & 787's
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 03:14:56 PM »
Hi David, you can download both from Flightsim:
http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php
Search files under File Library drop down for British Airways A380 and British Airways B787. Once you download these
you need to use TTools to add aircraft to AI. This is a different chapter which I trust you are familiar with.
Good Luck
Peter
Peter Bendl,
formerly from BA

September 10, 2016, 08:03:05 PMReply #2

Offline carbonbell

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 08:03:05 PM »
Hi Peter.
Thank you for your assistance.  I found the A380 and am having a challenge when downloading via Tools.  Are you able to direct me in this please?  I've only used the WorldAI Installer.
Thank you in advance.  I really appreciate it.
David

September 14, 2016, 03:17:10 PMReply #3

Offline beroun

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 03:17:10 PM »
Hi David,
I would be glad to help but I do not think that working with the TTools can be explained here. It also takes bit of an effort to learn it. Perhaps you would be more comfortable to add aircraft using the AI Flight Planner. Go to above link for Flightsim and search for aifp2121.zip. It is a free download and the instructions are there.
Good luck,
Peter
Peter Bendl,
formerly from BA

September 14, 2016, 11:53:43 PMReply #4

Offline Exocamp

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 11:53:43 PM »
Actually, it is very easy to add with TTools, but you will have to replace an aircraft in the British Airways files. The way to do this is to edit the .bgl file via. converting it to .txt and recompiling it via. TTools. There are three parts to the .bgl file - Airplanes, Airports, and FlightPlans.

Directions:

1. Open TTools in the installer directory

2. Select a directory to unload your decompiled files in. When you decompile a .bgl file, three .txt files will come out of it (Airports, Airplanes, FlightPlans). Type it in on the left directory box or use the default one.

3. From the right side that says "FS2004 Traffic Files", find and select your airline you wish to edit (British Airways, in this case.) The file for British Airways is Traffic_000_WoA_British Airways_Su09.bgl. Click the big button that says Decompile.

4. Your 3 .txt files will come out into the directory you put in. Navigate to that directory now.

5. Most likely, there will be three files named:

• Aircraft_000_WoA_British Airways_Su09
  • Airports_000_WoA_British Airways_Su09
  • FlightPlans_000_WoA_British Airways_Su09

You only need to edit the Aircraft file. Do not edit any other file.

6. If you haven't already, download your BA A380 and 787!

7. Install both planes.

8. Open the Aircraft.cfg file of your aircraft and the decompiled Aircraft file.

9. Copy the name of the title of your plane located inside your aircraft.cfg and paste the title into a suitable replacement inside the Aircraft_000 file. My suggestion is swap the 757 for the 787 and the A380 for the 747 Change for Hope and Oneworld (this is the closest thing you can get without adding in new planes.)

10. Close your aircraft.cfg and the Aircraft_000 file. Remember to save!

11. TTools will not detect the new planes until you recompile the .bgl file. Therefore, go back to TTools and select your British Airways files on the left ("Source Files"). Click the nice and big Compile file. Done!

This seems complicated, but it is actually very easy to do once you get the hang of it.

A FEW NOTES:

Don't go overboard with replacements unless you have a REALLY STRONG COMPUTER. Seriously, this can affect your frame rates unless you have a good CPU and RAM. If you have custom scenery that might take up more RAM and CPU power (Heathrow UK2000) take extra precaution. If you need to, reduce the amount of traffic.

!!SOME AIRCRAFT ARE NOT AI COMPATIBLE AND WILL CRASH YOUR GAME!! Thomas Ruth aircraft do not seem to work. Be extra careful with FS2004 aircraft. They can work in FSX, no conversion required, but you must always make sure.

Tip: Install your planes one at a time and test FSX. This way, if one stray aircraft is incompatible, you can figure out which one.

Hoped this helped! Happy flying!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 01:39:18 AM by Exocamp »