Author Topic: General FAQ  (Read 26595 times)

January 19, 2009, 09:46:57 AM

Offline MikeEDDK

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.world-of-ai.com
General FAQ
« on: January 19, 2009, 09:46:57 AM »
Q: What is this software all about?
A: World of AI offers you packages that enhance the AI traffic in both FS9 and FSX

Q: Do I have to pay something?
A: Our packages are freeware.

Q: Do you model and paint aircraft and do flightplans?
A: All components come from different authors. We only pack those components together into an AI Package

Q: Can I upload your work to file sharing servers?
A: No. The agreement with our supporters is to upload to avsim and flightsim only

Q: Can I download a file that includes all packages ever released by WoA?
A: You have to download each package one by one

Q: Do I have to install the packages one by one?
A: You can install them in one go. Just select all the packages you wnat to install.

Q: Does a flightplan period mean that the use of a package is limited to that period?
A: No. It just means that the flightplans are based on the period given. You can use them throughout the year(s)

Q: I use FSX and I only see position lights and hear a sound but there's no aircraft anywhere
A: This happens mostly on AddOn airports. Disable "Aircraft cast shadows on ground" in the FSX settings menu

Q: I do not see any AI traffic
A: Make sure your traffic slider is set to the right.

Q: I only see some aircraft at airports but I know there have to be more.
A: Install a new AFCAD with sufficient parking spaces for your airports.

Q: I got an exception and in the details it says
'System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'AIFSControls, Version=1.0.2152.26365, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.'
or it says
'System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib, Version=0.84.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1b03e6acf1164f73' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.'
A: You probably run the installer from within the ZIP file or did not unzipped all files from the installer to a folder.
A: You copied the executable to your desktop in stead of making a shortcut.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 03:54:50 PM by Garfield_x »
Kind Regards and always Happy Landings !

Mike

No support via PM - Use the forum instead!