Author Topic: There are multiple objects with the same name...  (Read 5175 times)

July 18, 2013, 03:43:49 PM

Offline Jean-Claude

• View Profile
There are multiple objects with the same name...
« on: July 18, 2013, 03:43:49 PM »
I just installed your latest fifteen packages and when starting FSX (Windows 7) this is the message I am getting:
"There are multiple objects with the same name. They must have unique titles names." Follows the name of the aircraft type.

When checking the said folders in the respective airplane folders, I cannot find any duplicates, hence I am unable to understand what I should do to rectify this situation. I would appreciate some help.

Incidentally, after this AI installation (the only change I made to FSX), I also get another new error message when starting FSX related to my scenery cfg file sending me to scenery 261 ... which does not exist!!! Would this be part of trhe same or different?

Thank you so much for your kind help.

Jean-Claude

July 18, 2013, 04:12:59 PMReply #1

Offline f14driver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.world-of-ai.com
Re: There are multiple objects with the same name...
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 04:12:59 PM »
Since FS is a 32 bit application the highest scenry cfg entry can be number 255.
Then it starts counting again.
So 255-261 means there's a problem with scnery cfg entry nr 6 ( look that one up and remove it).
The restart FSX.
When it functions normally then you found the error.
You then have to decide if you reapply the scenery and see if the error returns or reinstall the particular scenery.

Same goes for aircraft numbers, the highest AC number in an aircraft.cfg file can be 65256 and then it starts counting again  8)
Kind regards,

Tom vd Horst
World of AI

July 19, 2013, 05:40:17 AMReply #2

Offline Jean-Claude

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 05:40:17 AM »
Thank you for this explanation, both problems solved now. At my age, I never thought I'd have to learn how to count again!

Jean-Claude

April 11, 2019, 09:01:28 PMReply #3

Offline MartyV

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 09:01:28 PM »
Since FS is a 32 bit application the highest scenry cfg entry can be number 255.
Then it starts counting again.
So 255-261 means there's a problem with scnery cfg entry nr 6 ( look that one up and remove it).
The restart FSX.
When it functions normally then you found the error.
You then have to decide if you reapply the scenery and see if the error returns or reinstall the particular scenery.

Same goes for aircraft numbers, the highest AC number in an aircraft.cfg file can be 65256 and then it starts counting again  8)
regretfully I'm not understanding the solution to this issue, could you elaborate?

May 06, 2019, 09:38:24 AMReply #4

Offline f14driver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.world-of-ai.com
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2019, 09:38:24 AM »
First you would have to explain what your specific problem is  ;) Then I can tell you what to do about it
Kind regards,

Tom vd Horst
World of AI